Incorrect redirection url

Copper Contributor

Can anyone help? I was setting up Federation on my Office365 domain through PowerShell. During the process I misstyped the url for the ActiveLogOnUri and now I get an error when trying to login to office.com. It says its taking me to my orginization's sign-in page but then errors because the page doesn't exist.

I have tried to get back in through PowerShell with the Connect-MsolService which pops up a page for me to enter my email address, then goes to the "Taking you to your orginization's sign-in page" but disappears and gives error "Connect-MsolService : Authentication Error: Unexpected authentication failure."

Any help will be appreciated

2 Replies

Hello @ToddSwaney 

Check here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/troubleshoot/active-directory/update-federated-domain-off...

1. Run the steps in the "How to update the federated domain configuration" section earlier in this article to make sure that the update-MSOLFederatedDomain cmdlet finished successfully.
    • If the cmdlet did not finish successfully, do not continue with this procedure. Instead, see the "Known issues that you may encounter when you update or repair a federated domain" section later in this article to troubleshoot the issue.
    • If the cmdlet finishes successfully, leave the Command Prompt window open for later use.
  2. Log on to the AD FS server. To do this, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click AD FS (2.0) Management.
  3. In the left navigation pane, click AD FS (2.0), click Trust Relationships, and then click Relying Party Trusts.
  4. In the rightmost pane, delete the Microsoft Office 365 Identity Platform entry.
  5. In the Windows PowerShell window that you opened in step 1, re-create the deleted trust object. To do this, run the following command, and then press Enter:

Update-MSOLFederatedDomain -DomainName <Federated Domain Name>

You'll need to use an GA account associated with the onmicrosoft.com domain. You did create one such account as per the best practices, did you?