Add filters/ grouping to microsoft authenticator app accounts

Copper Contributor

Hello!

Hope you are all well!

I would like to see filters of personal/ Work and school accounts or by domain. Or even the ability to organise accounts manually into groups. Currently have a long list of personal accounts and work account.

6 Replies
I totally support this.
2FA is absolutely getting more every day. I am "only" a self-employed admin and web hoster and have tons of 2FA accounts already, mainly multiple instances of my preferred services. Would be a charme to be able to group these; by customers or by services - whatever

@LewisBennett 

It would be amazing if we could get grouping of accounts

The Microsoft Authenticator app allows you to filter your accounts by personal, work and school accounts, or by domain. This can be useful if you have a large number of accounts and want to easily find the ones you need.

To apply these filters, follow these steps:

 Open the Microsoft Authenticator app on your device.
 Tap on the three dots in the upper-right corner of the screen.
 Select "Settings" from the dropdown menu.
 Under the "Account sorting and filtering" section, you can choose the type of filter you want to apply.
 To filter by personal accounts, toggle the switch for "Show personal accounts" to on.
 To filter by work and school accounts, toggle the switch for "Show work or school accounts" to on.
 To filter by domain, tap on "Add account," then select "Work or school account" and enter the domain name you want to filter by.
Once you've applied your desired filter, you'll only see accounts that meet the criteria you've set. You can always go back to the settings and adjust your filters as needed.

The Microsoft Authenticator app allows you to filter your accounts by personal, work and school accounts, or by domain. This can be useful if you have a large number of accounts and want to easily find the ones you need.

To apply these filters, follow these steps:

• Open the Microsoft Authenticator app on your device.
  • Tap on the three dots in the upper-right corner of the screen.
  • Select "Settings" from the dropdown menu.
  • Under the "Account sorting and filtering" section, you can choose the type of filter you want to apply.
  • To filter by personal accounts, toggle the switch for "Show personal accounts" to on.
  • To filter by work and school accounts, toggle the switch for "Show work or school accounts" to on.
  • To filter by domain, tap on "Add account," then select "Work or school account" and enter the domain name you want to filter by.

Once you've applied your desired filter, you'll only see accounts that meet the criteria you've set. You can always go back to the settings and adjust your filters as needed.

@LewisBennett 

This many steps for simple filtering is not ok from UX standpoint.

I would like to see more options than just Work, School and Personal. As an individual I operate in multiple domains: 

* I am an employee for a company

* I am an enterpreneur

* I am a podcast publisher

* I am an individual

I would like to separate all MFA sites into folders based on the identities above. This means several Work accounts may be split across multiple folders and I never want to see them in the same list.

Additionally, my version of Authenticator app does not have the  "Account sorting and filtering" section in Settings. 

Absolutely agree, Some folders would be super helpful as I've got like 20 now, and growing monthly