03-19-2020 05:43 AM
03-19-2020 05:43 AM
I have started a new career with Home Health Care organisation that is engaged in:
In current circumstances of Coronavirus pandemic, my job will be very challenging. It involves developing strategies for avoiding the virus and curing those who are sick due to the virus. The aged are most at risk and need special care and attention, almost like intensive care of patients at home.
A check-list of the following procedures may be followed in Hand Hygiene as a matter of great emergency today:
- Train and educate everyone in hand washing correctly. Many presentations have been illustrated by government agencies, including posters published by WHO.
- Use of soaps for washing and bathing the hands, face, feet and other parts of the skin that are exposed. The infection is spread by physical touch and by coughing and sneezing when droplets touch other people within a very short distance.
- Proper hand and face drying. Wet towels and tissues may carry the viral bacteria, they must not be touched and must be put in washing machine and dryer. Hot air drying may be the safe method.
- Skin related problems. Care must be taken when treating skin that shows rash, inflammation, burns, sores and pores. Water may attract more bacteria and micro-organisms. An antiseptic soap and cream may be useful.
- Frequently unwashed parts of the hands. Water should not be run over or splashed in high volume, as that will leave unwashed and dry parts. Best way to clean is that which shows shinning by rubbing and massaging all over gently. This will ensure that treated water goes beyond the hair and cleans the skin thoroughly.
- Home care and hand hygiene. Ensure that the surface of everything is sparkling clean, washed and shinning. Take care of glass, door and window handles, pots and pans and other utensils, wash up all the dishes, cups, saucers, tumblers put in the sink or left on tables and worktops, clean up also the mobile phones, laptops and computer keyboards and screens, chairs, settee and furnishing.
- Disposable gloves. Wear them properly and ensure they are fit and new, dispose of them properly and carefully after use so that nobody touches them and they don't touch surface of things. It is better to wash the hands with soap after removing the disposable gloves.
04-05-2020 05:43 AM