How to create a paperless policy?

Silver Contributor

One important approach would be making sure to reduce the usage of papers and printing and move everything to the IT infrastructure . In some cases, we won't be able to avoid printing or we are facing mandatory requirements. In other case, we already implement systems however, employees still prefer printing.

My idea is to create a policy like fine everyone who prints and use paper (while there is an alternative) and use the budget to improve environment. For example, we could ask them like for every 10 printed paper, they have buy a plant and place it in the office. 

This way we are reducing usage of papers and we are improving our environment and become greener.

6 Replies

@Reza_Ameri 

So overall the goal is great!
But your extra idea - it's a little funny!
This should be based on the recommendations of the boards of directors of the organization and the law!
I also think that we print too much all over the world!

Yes, it considered a internal policy of a company and we need to discuss with top managers to get approval.

@Reza_Ameri 

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-onedrive-blog/announcing-universal-print-integratio...

Hello, I think this is a solution that can be recommended to help the Green Planet!

@A1 

Thank you for the link, it will help the process and management for printing but it is not Green IT. The concept of Green IT is to come up with methods and process to reduce and eliminate printing. For example, I have observed processes where users will print document and sign and work on digital signature so we eliminate printing and save papers.

I think it's a step forward and I support it!
Thank you