Add CMMC to Compliance Manager?

Brass Contributor

Will Microsoft add CMMC to the  , to help companies assess Azure, Intune, and/or Office 365 against CMMC?

5 Replies
The Compliance Manager team does have a roadmap to update the NIST SP 800-171 template, and to include CMMC Levels 1-5 templates. There is not a hard schedule for release just yet, as CMMC Level 3+ is still pending guidance from the CMMC AB. It will realistically roll out in waves beginning with CMMC Levels 1-2 initially. That same applies for Azure Blueprints in the Azure Security Center.

Thanks @RichardWakeman !

@RichardWakeman Per this URL - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/servicedescriptions/microsoft-365-service-descriptions/mi... ,"CMMC Level 1, Level 2, Level 3, Level 4, Level 5 (Microsoft 365) is a premium template ... Premium assessments will be available for purchase to Office 365 E5/A5 and Microsoft 365 E5/A5 customers." I am testing today with a Microsoft 365 E5 license/tenant and I do not see any CMMC premium templates. Do you know if the CMMC templates are available yet?

Hi @John_Igbokwe, yes the assessment templates are available today. Are the E5 licenses you are using trial licenses by chance?

Hi @RichardWakeman, no, the E5 licenses are not trial licenses. I also just tested on another tenant with E5 licenses and the templates are not available. Thank you for your response.