FSLogix 2210 hotfix 1 (2.9.8440.42104) unable to launch Google Chrome with VMware AppVolumes

Copper Contributor

This version appears to break Google Chrome in our environment using VMware Horizon instant clones and AppVolumes. Chrome is applied through appvolumes (virtual disk) and with this version of FSlogix the Chrome application will not launch. I'm also unable to do an "application capture" of Chrome on a machine where this version is installed, even with no FSlogix profile attached. I also tested with a fresh FSlogix profile, no difference.

6 Replies

Hi,

Same problem here.
I don't have a problem with version 2.9.8361.52326, but version 2.9.8440.42104 fixes some issues we had with the previous version.

Same problem here. Downgrade to version 2.9.8228.50276 (in my opinion the latest stable version) solves the problem.

@jordan_ht 

We tried to upgrade to FSLogix 2210 hotfix 1 (2.9.8440.42104) and that also caused us issues with App Volumes. We have a couple of volumes that contain Adobe products and the users would get an error at logon saying that Creative Cloud is needed and to redownload it or repair the application.

It affected existing and new fslogix profiles.

We've rolled back to FSLogix 2210 (2.9.8361.52326) and don't have the same issue with that version.

Our Environment:

Windows 10 21H2
Horizon 8.8 (2212)

App Volumes  5.4 (2212)

Hello,

Steps:
-Please modify the Horizon Golden Image using an admin command prompt to run the following command:

reg add "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\svdriver\Instances\App Volumes Instance" /v Altitude /d "132000" /f
-Take a new snapshot of the Golden Image following the best practices and publish it on a test pool to test.

The workaround is to reduce svdriver's altitude to make it lower than frxdrvvt.

@selceonselceon 
Thanks, this seems to work, although I won't use it outside of testing. Does that mean there is a planned fix for this?

Thank you @selceonselceon 

Did you get the registry modification from VMware support?

I will give it a try the next days.