How good is a name change? :) But this announcement is more about an alignment of services into a coherent package: Microsoft Purview. (HT Pete Haigh).
The future of compliance and data governance is here: Introducing Microsoft Purview - Microsoft Secu...
To meet the challenges of today’s decentralized, data-rich workplace, we’re introducing Microsoft Purview—a comprehensive set of solutions that help you govern, protect, and manage your entire data estate. This new brand family combines the capabilities of the former Azure Purview and the Microsoft 365 Compliance portfolio that customers already rely on, providing unified data governance and risk management for your organization.
Announcement also covers a few new capabilities:
- general availability (GA) of Microsoft Purview Data Loss Prevention (DLP) for macOS endpoints
- preview of restricted app groups for Windows endpoints
- extending our sensitive information type catalog with more than 50 new classifiers.
- co-authoring of encrypted documents for mobile devices (iOS and Android)
- preview of multi-stage retention in Microsoft Purview Data Lifecycle Management (formerly Microsoft Information Governance)
- enhancements to the detection and investigation capabilities of Microsoft Purview Insider Risk Management
- additional capabilities for Microsoft Purview eDiscovery (Premium)
- expanded optical character recognition, machine learning model highlighting, reduced detection-to-investigation time, and step-by-step onboarding guidance for Purview Communication Compliance
- general availability of continuous compliance assessments in Microsoft Purview Compliance Manager.