SOLVED

FastTrack support for inter-Tenant migration scenarios?

MVP

Dear all,

I have a customer that is considering to migrate current Office 365 tenant to a new one just because the original tenant name that does not match current orgaization name. My question here is if FastTrack provides support for this kind of scenarios

4 Replies
Good question and as i know there was a option to change tennant names in the make but have not heart from it a couple of months since...
Ey Paul, thanks for your answer...this is what I know for now:
- A tenant name is not possible, so if you want to have a new tenant name (due to SharePoint and Skype for Business URLs) you will need to migrate from your current tenant to the new one and for this you will have to use third party tools. I also have found that migrating CRM Online from one tenant to another is going to be a challenge.
- For now it seems FastTrack does not support this kind of scenarios, but I want to be 100 % sure is in that way.
best response confirmed by Deleted
Solution

Hi Juan,

Probably a bit late for you but I did just recently go through a similar scenario. I can say that after much effort and phone support calls with the Office 365 Support channel that while I was never told NO they won't do it, they were definitely concerned about the amount of time and effort as well as risk involved.

As for FastTrack I would guess they might be even more reluctant. Just a hunch.

Is the current tenant name a "onmicrosoft.com" domain? If so, and they own their own domain, it might be easier to just add the domain they control to their current tenant and leave the default name in the background.

Hard to know for sure your exact scenario but maybe good luck on the outcome.

Thanks Glenn...this is just what my customer is going to do since FastTrack does not support currently this migration scenario
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Deleted
Solution

Hi Juan,

Probably a bit late for you but I did just recently go through a similar scenario. I can say that after much effort and phone support calls with the Office 365 Support channel that while I was never told NO they won't do it, they were definitely concerned about the amount of time and effort as well as risk involved.

As for FastTrack I would guess they might be even more reluctant. Just a hunch.

Is the current tenant name a "onmicrosoft.com" domain? If so, and they own their own domain, it might be easier to just add the domain they control to their current tenant and leave the default name in the background.

Hard to know for sure your exact scenario but maybe good luck on the outcome.

View solution in original post