Workspace Booking does not work on Mobile

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

I have the possibility to book a workspace in OWA. 

Wizzkid_0-1642691151602.png

I have did all the things in Powershell (Created room mailbox, room list, places metadata):

Wizzkid_1-1642691245207.png

But when I open Outlook on Mobile and select book a workspace it is not showing anything: 

Wizzkid_2-1642691487870.png

Can somebody help me with this?

Thanks in advance!

10 Replies
In general when you make changes to the room stuff it can take a day or more before everything is up to date - just keep that in mind.

Did you create a Room List Distribution Group too?

Also, when using Outlook Mobil I hold the Plus-sign to get Book Workspace, do you do that too?

@Jonas Back We made the changes 48 hours ago and we still don't see the rooms in book a workspace. We did it with holding the plus-sign, but we can't select a building.

I think that I have created a Room List Distribution Group too. Where can I double check this?

Strange, I don't see any Buildings at all in my Outlook Mobile app on IOS. Can you show some more screenshots?

Get-DistributionGroup | where {$_.RecipientTypeDetails -eq "Roomlist"}

@Jonas Back I did the powershell command:

Wizzkid_12-1642777025907.png

In outlook I choose book a workspace and then building location. This will not show anything..:

Wizzkid_1-1642776607483.pngWizzkid_2-1642776622962.pngWizzkid_3-1642776635885.png

If I select "New Event" and select location it is showing one location:

Wizzkid_10-1642776960812.png

If I type in "kamer" it will show more rooms, but it is not showing all the rooms in once, can I fix this also? 

Wizzkid_11-1642776985930.png

At my place (we only have one building in our config) and on your second screenshot we see this building.

However I'm using IOS, any difference?

I will configure this for a customer next week so I might get a clearer picture :)

@Jonas Back 

I also use IOS. 

I contacted the Microsoft Support in the Outlook app and received the following response:

Wizzkid_0-1643008125657.png

I don't think this is true?

@Wizzkid Well that could be the case. I read somewhere that the Workplace-booking is in Preview and we don't see many customers use it  (yet) so maybe indeed this might be a limitation in the Outlook mobile apps - it might work for some but others not.

In Outlook on IOS I do + and Book Workspace and the building turned up with the room. All I did was make sure to specify Set-Mailbox -Building and Set-Mailbox -Type Workspace and adding it to a Distribution Group which is a room list. Have you done all of these?
Yes I did all these steps. Can I double check it? What powershell command do I need to run for that?
These are all the steps I take:

New-Mailbox -Room -Name <name> -DisplayName "One desk" | Set-Mailbox -Type Workspace
Set-Place <name> -Capacity 12
Set-Place <name> -Building 'Building32'
(and all other attributes like -Floor, -City, -Country, -GeoCoordinates etc)

Then if not already created I create a group and add the workspace as a member:
New-DistributionGroup -Name "Bulding32" -DisplayName "Building32" -RoomList -IgnoreNamingPolicy -PrimarySmtpAddress "Email address removed"
Add-DistributionGroupMember -Identity "Bulding32" -Member <name>

One thing though I noticed tonight (Sine I've created more than 30 of these and conference rooms the last few days is that one building would not turn up in the OWA Room Finder for some reason... waited 48 hours, but still none. What I did was temporarily
Set-Place <name> -Building 'to something else'
and then immediately switched it back to:
Set-Place <name> -Building 'Building32'

Then immediately refreshing OWA and then the building turned up in the list. Probably a strange bug.