Why is "Focused Inbox" suddenly disappeared?

Brass Contributor

Hello,

Until the end of 2016 our tenant had "Focused Inbox" activated. But since a couple of days, we're missing the separation of "Important" and "Other". When we can see all our messages in our Inbox-folder in Outlook 2016, we don't see these messages in OWA. What has changed?

26 Replies
If you tell me the domain name in a private message, I'll check and tell you.

sent. 

I also have this issue....

This AM....all outlooks had focused inbox

desktop went first, then the online browser owa version has now reverted back to clutter no focused. How do I get focused back? was this changed by my company as an overall org setting?

I have this issue too

I have the same issue and I have to go to Preferences -> General -> uncheck Hide On My Computer Folders. Then go to Organize and make sure Focused is on.

When I close and restart Outlook, it disappears again. So I have to redo the same process. Except that in that case I have to check and uncheck Hide On.....

It's a pain that it does not stay one.

I just had this happen to me too, and I think I found the answer to what happened, at least in my case.  Last night I turned on the Access Inbox while Offline feature.  This morning my focused inbox was gone.  I just turned off the Offline Inbox, and the Focused Inbox returned immediately.  I guess it's either/or, not both/and.

Same thing happened.

Was using Focused/Other tabs and they disappeared in the desktop application though it is there in the web based.  In place are tabs All, Unread, Mentions.  I see it is turned on in the web properties, though don't know where to look in the desktop application.  The button on the View tab is not there, and is not in the "customize ribbon" feature.

Cannot find "Access Inbox while Offline feature" in the desktop application.