Using the New Exchange Admin Centre to add senders to distribution list in delivery management

Copper Contributor

Hello there

I cannot add two members to the same group from two domains that have the same name 

example:

email address removed for privacy reasons

email address removed for privacy reasons

It keep saying it can't add them both. 

I have had to switch back to the classic system to do this. 

There is a similar problem when adding contacts to distribution lists....

So I believe it is a UI error. 

Is this likely to be fixed anytime soon. Or should I stay using the classic interface for now. 

Cheers

Matt

4 Replies
OK so the examples have been removed for privacy reasons I will try and post them here.
firstname at domainname1 dot com
firstname at domainname2 dot com

The UI replaces the full e-mail address with a shorthand of just the username which seems to cause the conflict,

I think I can repro this, sort of. The UI is trying to enforce the new uniqueness requirement for the Name parameter it seems. Tagging @Nino Bilic for sanity check here.

Hmmm... can you send me screenshots or steps, Vasil? I don't know that I fully get it. Is this adding the same user that has two different SMTP addresses or ?
In my case, it seems to be resolving the recipients based on Name value, thus preventing me to add two obviously different objects. But that's a bit different from what the OP detailed above, me thinks. I've send you an email.