SOLVED

Using EOL protection but keep autodiscover using on-premise

Brass Contributor

Hi,

Currently I have Hybrid configuration and its working fine.

currently the External DNS is point to my premise.

I need to use Exchange Online Protection only to protect incomming email, but I still need to keep Autodiscover pointing to my premise.

As far as I know it should be a simple thing which I change the MX only and leave the CNAME for the autodiscover pointing to my premise.

But the issue I am having is when I try to manage the DNS using the Portal.Office.com I am forced to change all, MX - Autodiscover - SPF record.

how can I configure the wizard to only process MX and SPF and not to change the autodiscover.

is it OK if I did the change only for these 2 records and leave the autodiscover as is ?

NOTE I am using a thirdparty External DNS infrastructure.

Thanks

2 Replies
best response confirmed by niazstinu (Brass Contributor)
Solution

EOP doesnt care about your autodiscover record, the MX is the important one here. And pay no attention to the Domain setup/DNS setup wizard in the portal, even 9 years after release they havent adapted it to cater to hybrid scenarios.

@Vasil Michev 

Thanks for your answer.

So I will update the DNS direct and just leave autodiscover alone.

this should have no impact and hopfully everything will be fine ... :)

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by niazstinu (Brass Contributor)
Solution

EOP doesnt care about your autodiscover record, the MX is the important one here. And pay no attention to the Domain setup/DNS setup wizard in the portal, even 9 years after release they havent adapted it to cater to hybrid scenarios.

View solution in original post