Users on a database can't see the availibility of users on another database.

Copper Contributor

We have a 2 node exchange 2016 setup. We have two databases with a database mounted on or he other node in a DAG setup. I can see the calendar availability of a user, but that user can't see my availability. I'm trying to see if I can find the issue in the event logs or anything I can try. Right now i'm looking a every error I see on the server.

Thank you,

Eric Speake

5 Replies
Can you help with these information:
Is the other user in another site ? Please elaborate how your mailbox and the another user's mailbox is hosted. Are you both in a complete seperate site?
What is the error user is getting when trying to see your availability on OWA and check the behaviour.
Run fiddler network trace on the user's machine and capture the connection https://www.telerik.com/download/fiddler
Once the fiddler is installed run it and goto settings and enable decrypt http traffic then reproduce the issue.
It will capture the traffic. Once issue is reproduced see the request and response header by looking for free busy or share the log file to me for further analysis
Ask the user to try checking your

@serverproHere are the logs. One (Dump-0507-12-25-02) is from the user that can't see events. The other file (Dump-0507-12-23-24) is where I can see the other users calendar. It does take up to 20 seconds sometimes to find the information.

Both databases are in one location. we have 2 nodes with a DAG setup. Here is some further information on setup.

[PS] C:\Windows\system32>Get-MailboxDatabaseCopyStatus * | ft -auto
Name       Status  CopyQueueLength ReplayQueueLength LastInspectedLogTime ContentIndexState
----       ------  --------------- ----------------- -------------------- -----------------
DMP2\<node1> Healthy 0               1                 5/7/2020 10:45:44 AM Healthy
DMP1\<node1> Mounted 0               0                                      Healthy
DMP2\<node2> Mounted 0               0                                      Healthy
DMP1\<node2> Healthy 0               1                 5/7/2020 10:45:46 AM Healthy

[PS] C:\Windows\system32>Get-mailbox -identity user1 | fl database

Database : DMP2

[PS] C:\Windows\system32>Get-mailbox -identity user2 | fl database

Database : DMP1

Thank you for your help.

@serverproI moved this user to the same database I'm on and they can now see my availability and the room availability as well using OWA but not in Outlook.

Thank you,

Eric

@EricSpeake Glad to know that it started working in OWA however for outlook I would suggest you to follow my previous comment to capture the fiddler traffic from outlook by reproducing the issue in outlook once captured try to look for free busy request and response and you will be able to see the exact error.. share the same with me

@serverproThe logs I have added to my previous reply are just that. They are from fiddle showing one that works from outlook and one that doesn't. I moved this one user to the same database I'm on. This is the only reason she works now.  The other users on this database do not work. This is the biggest difference\issue I see are 401 & 500 errors trying to get to /ews/exchange.asmx.

Thanks.