Unable to Install Exchange 2019 Management Tools

Iron Contributor

Server - Windows 2019 Standard

Trying to Install Exchange Server 2019 ( CU12)

All prerequisites are met.

I keep getting this Error - 

Error:
The following error was generated when "$error.Clear();
install-ExchangeSchema -LdapFileName ($roleInstallPath + "Setup\Data\"+$RoleSchemaPrefix + "schema0.ldf")

" was run: "Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.TaskException: There was an error while running 'ldifde.exe' to import the schema file 'C:\Windows\Temp\ExchangeSetup\Setup\Data\PostWindows2003_schema0.ldf'. The error code is: 8245. More details can be found in the error file: 'C:\Users\myusername\AppData\Local\Temp\ldif.err'
at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.Task.ThrowError(Exception exception, ErrorCategory errorCategory, Object target, String helpUrl)
at Microsoft.Exchange.Management.Deployment.InstallExchangeSchema.ImportSchemaFile(String schemaMasterServer, String schemaFilePath, String macroName, String macroValue, WriteVerboseDelegate writeVerbose)
at Microsoft.Exchange.Management.Deployment.InstallExchangeSchema.InternalProcessRecord()
at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.Task.<ProcessRecord>b__91_1()
at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.Task.InvokeRetryableFunc(String funcName, Action func, Boolean terminatePipelineIfFailed)".

When i open the log file, i see below at the end -

20: CN=ms-Exch-Extension-Attribute-1,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=xxxx,DC=xxxxx
Entry DN: CN=ms-Exch-Extension-Attribute-1,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=xxxx,DC=xxxx
Add error on entry starting on line 355: Unwilling To Perform
The server side error is: 0x20bb Schema update failed: duplicate OID.
The extended server error is:
000020BB: SvcErr: DSID-0326036D, problem 5003 (WILL_NOT_PERFORM), data 8379

19 entries modified successfully.
An error has occurred in the program

===================

Any Exchange On-Premise Geeks here who can help please ?

1 Reply

@ankit shukla 

Having the exact same issue. Unable to find a solution so far.