unable to add account to my outlook

Brass Contributor

hello 

i'm trying to connect my outlook 2021 on a on prem account in our exchange 

i enter the mail i want to add but ending with the same message again and again :

not sure why.

Thanks 

exchange issue.jpg

12 Replies

Hi @Pete_OJ

I am an Independent advisor answering questions on Outlook. 

Can you access the account on the web or another PC?

Follow these steps:
1. Update Outlook
2. Set up the account manually
3. Create a new profile with Control Panel and add the account.

4. As a further step, you can sign in to the account on another PC to see if the issue persists.

If you find this information helpful, please mark it as best response which will assist others with the same question.

/Temitope Victoria
#temitopevictoriacompany

hello OWA is working no issue , even on my phone i have this account but when i tries to use it on my outlook at work i get the error something went wrong.
i will tries to connect this account on another pc
i tries also to connect this account to another profile on my pc same error
It's great that you will use another PC to connect.

However, if it is a work PC, I will advice you contact your IT Admin to check for any changes on the account or device.
well i am the it admin
i was unable to connect this account on the pc im using its a second account for me
not suer what change in the config of my pc that stop me to add this account in my outlook
Thanks

Have you tried connecting it to another PC? Does it work? Also is Autodiscover enabled on the PC? to enable connection to Exchange. 

hello
i will test on a another pc
how can i check if Autodiscover is enable I'm running exchange on prem with outlook 2021
Thanks

@Pete_OJ

To do this, run the Microsoft Remote Connectivity Analyzer, Go to Outlook Connectivity and input the credentials. Perform test and check the results the analyzer give you to further troubleshoot the issue. 

Temitope_Victoria_0-1712148937118.png

I also await the test on a new PC. 

If you find this information helpful, please mark it as best response which will assist others with the same question.

/Temitope Victoria#temitopevictoriacompany 

Hello
i connect on a different pc as me tries to add the account to outlook
i start outlook or it does the same in control panel
it found my account i wait like 2 minutes for something to happen ...i get a popup to enter my password sometime its more faster then that ... and after a while i get oups something went wrong .... i tries to delete my account in credential manager and tries again ....same issue
if i test the connectivity i get this at some points
Attempting to test potential Autodiscover URL https://mydomain.com:443/Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml
Testing of this potential Autodiscover URL failed.

and this a bit after :

The Microsoft Connectivity Analyzer is attempting to retrieve an XML Autodiscover response from URL https://mydomain.com:443/Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml for user email address removed for privacy reasons.
The Microsoft Connectivity Analyzer failed to obtain an Autodiscover XML response.

not sure why some are working and other account not :(

Hi Pete

Sorry about the issue. 

I will advice you contact Microsoft Support to further troubleshoot the issue and run diagnostics on their end. 

/Temitope Victoria
#temitopevictoriacompany

Hello
but to contact MS i need to have an active support ?
Thanks
What subscription are you currently using?
we have on prem exchange and outlook 2021 ltsc