SOLVED

Stop sending emails Microsoft 365 Group guest users.

Copper Contributor

Hello to all,

I have a Microsoft 365 group which has internal and external users. I'm using and the email functionality. 

I need the external users not receive to their inbox any email that send to this group. 

I have:

AutoSubscribeNewMembers : False
AlwaysSubscribeMembersToCalendarEvents : False

SubscriptionEnabled : False

I'm also trying to stop the emails to external through a transport rule with no success. Does anybody have any idea?

Thanks a lot

Christos

4 Replies
Hello, as far as I know guest members are always subscribed automatically to groups when added so you would have to use a script periodically.

Here's more on the topic https://office365itpros.com/2020/10/21/update-teams-send-meeting-invitations-to-members/

@ChristianJBergstrom I actually need the opposite . Is it possible to unsubscribe the guest users so they will not get notifications an emails?

Best Regards

Christos

best response confirmed by ChristianJBergstrom (MVP)
Solution
As I mentioned above, guest are always subscribed automatically when added so you would have to run a continuous script with the removal of subscriptions for newly added. Once a day/week or whatever time period that fits your need.
Hello Christian,
Somehow I missed the last line which was the most important.
Your suggestion is working fine!!
Thanks a lot for your help.

Best Regards
Christos
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ChristianJBergstrom (MVP)
Solution
As I mentioned above, guest are always subscribed automatically when added so you would have to run a continuous script with the removal of subscriptions for newly added. Once a day/week or whatever time period that fits your need.

View solution in original post