SOLVED

Starttls expires in ### day's, but certificate is not any more in the Exchangecertificate store

Brass Contributor

Hi,

Probably someone can help me.
From one of the MB server in the cluster has within 10 days an expired starttls certificate. But this certificate is from a CA. But the certificate is not in de Exchangecertificate store anymore

So how can I find the right connector where this certificate is connected to and how can I change this certificate.

Message in eventviewer is: The STARTTLS certificate will expire soon: subject: <MB server name>, thumbprint: ####################, expires: 31-8-2020 23:59:59. Run the New-ExchangeCertificate cmdlet to create a new certificate.

Thanks so far

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Pascal Wenders (Brass Contributor)
Solution

I've found the solution

With the command  Get-ReceiveConnector | select-object identity, TlsCertificateName I found the connectors with the certificate.

With the commands mentioned at https://practical365.com/exchange-server/configuring-the-tls-certificate-name-for-exchange-server-re... I had changed the certificate

The are:

$cert = Get-ExchangeCertificate -Thumbprint #########################
$tlscertificatename = "<i>$($cert.Issuer)<s>$($cert.Subject)"
Set-ReceiveConnector “Name of the receiver connector” -TlsCertificateName $tlscertificatename

Issue has been solved

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Pascal Wenders (Brass Contributor)
Solution

I've found the solution

With the command  Get-ReceiveConnector | select-object identity, TlsCertificateName I found the connectors with the certificate.

With the commands mentioned at https://practical365.com/exchange-server/configuring-the-tls-certificate-name-for-exchange-server-re... I had changed the certificate

The are:

$cert = Get-ExchangeCertificate -Thumbprint #########################
$tlscertificatename = "<i>$($cert.Issuer)<s>$($cert.Subject)"
Set-ReceiveConnector “Name of the receiver connector” -TlsCertificateName $tlscertificatename

Issue has been solved

View solution in original post