Shared Inbox folders not updating on new e-mail - Exception System.ArgumentNullException in EWS Log

Copper Contributor

I've been chasing down an error for a few months now.

With one of the Outlook clients for a specific user I have the following issue: Outlook does not refreshes inboxes of Shared Mailboxes (Example: New E-Mail arrives in the inbox: Outlook does not updates the inbox, user does not sees new e-mail until he updates the folder manually using "Update folder" in the ribbon menu).

I tried all the usual debugging measurements (reinstalling Windows and Office on the users device, deleting and recreating the inbox in the Exchange Server, so on...)

I've described my issue with details here:

https://gitlab.com/muqiuq/microsoftbugs

Anyone had the same issue and knows how I could get help?

3 Replies

Hello @pup2022,

here is Ahmed a community visitor ;)

Let me try to help you :)

You have tried several troubleshooting steps.....

One possible cause of this issue could be a problem with the EWS request being made by Outlook. The error message "ErrorInternalServerError" suggests that there is an issue with the server. It may be worth checking the Exchange logs for more information on the specific error that is occurring. You could also try enabling EWS logging in Outlook to see if that provides any additional details on the issue.

Another possibility is that there is a problem with the network connection or firewall settings that is preventing the EWS request from being completed successfully. Make sure that the necessary ports are open and that there are no issues with the network that could be causing the problem.

#Reminder with the basic TSG;

Capture.PNG
Best of the best :)

Ahme:D

Hello Ahme

Thanks for your reply.

I checked the network multiple times and I also made sure that the reverse proxy is not blocking anything. But as I can see both request and reply within IIS and EWS and do have to assume that there is no network issue. I also did further steps debugging the network.

I use the HealthChecker of https://microsoft.github.io/CSS-Exchange/Diagnostics/HealthChecker/ to verify the correct functioning of the Exchange Server Services.

Best

Philipp
I would recommend that you contact your support who is responsible for further troubleshooting. They will have access to specific tools that may be able to help identify the cause of the issue (after giving them the Logs). It's also important to note that the support team will have a better understanding of your specific environment and any customizations or configurations that may be impacting the issue.