SOLVED

Set-Mailbox Not Working

Iron Contributor

I was trying to change the MessageCopyForSentAsEnabled property for a mailbox per the instructions in:

Messages sent from a shared mailbox aren't saved to the Sent Items folder - Exchange | Microsoft Docs

It looks pretty simple. First I did:

Get-ExoMailbox -Identity "account@mydomain.com" -properties Name,MessageCopyForSendOnBehalfEnabled,MessageCopyForSentAsEnabled

I got the results I expected. The property was set to false.

Then I did:

set-mailbox -Identity "account@mydomain.com" -MessageCopyForSentAsEnabled $True

But I get the error message:

The operation couldn't be performed because object 'account@mydomain.com' couldn't be found on '*********.NAMPR10A002.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM

Any ideas why it can find the account with the Get-ExoMailbox (And Get-Mailbox) commands but can't find it with the set-mailbox command?

4 Replies
best response confirmed by John Twohig (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@John Twohig Hi, short of time here trying to go through a couple of questions so will not suggest anything else than this. Try using the M365 admin portal instead. Groups - Shared mailboxes - Sent items (edit) tick the check boxes.

@ChristianBergstrom 

That wasn't what I was trying to do but it looks like a better solution. I didn't know that was there. 

I will have the person who is having the issue try it in the morning.

Thanks

@John Twohig 

Hi,

Please execute the command with alias name only as below:

Set-mailbox -Identity "AliasName" -MessageCopyForSentAsEnabled $True 

Please try this command and check the output is showing correctly or not??/

Get-Mailbox -Identity "account@mydomain.com" | fl Name, *message*

Get-Mailbox -Identity "AliasName" | fl Name, *message*

Regards,

MD

Have you tried to send it through a pipe?

Get-ExoMailbox -Identity xxx | set-mailbox -MessageCopyFor...

Same result?

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by John Twohig (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@John Twohig Hi, short of time here trying to go through a couple of questions so will not suggest anything else than this. Try using the M365 admin portal instead. Groups - Shared mailboxes - Sent items (edit) tick the check boxes.

View solution in original post