Server is not found in Active Directory @ Exchange Server 2000

Copper Contributor

Dear experts!

Following the removal of an old server from the directory, my attempts to restart the server have been unsuccessful, and an error message appears while trying to recover the installation. I have tried performing a clean installation of the same versions and manually copying/entering the missing server, which I suspect was inadvertently deleted, but the error persists. I am uncertain where Exchange stores the absent server details that are causing the problem.

I would like to know whether it is feasible to manually input the server information into the directory, and if so, where and how can I do this?

CN=Configuration, CN=Services,CN=Microsoft Exchange, CN=<my org>, CN=Administrative Groups, CN=Exchange Administrative Group, CN=Servers <- under here... CN=<servername> and all protocols etc under... 

Configure, 

Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Unattended Setup

Preparing Exchange Setup

Copying Setup Files                           COMPLETED

The following server roles will be recovered Languages, Management Tools

Server is not found in Active Directory. Server must be present in Active Directory to recover.

The following server roles are already installed: BridgeheadRole, ClientAccessRole, MailboxRole, AdminToolsRole.

Exchange Server setup encountered an error.

0 Replies