SOLVED

Send on Behalf not working in specific situation

Copper Contributor

We've a hybrid exchange 2013 and Exchange online environment where all mailboxes are migrated to the cloud. I've set Send-On-Behalf permissions correctly but it doesn't work if you add the profile in Outlook in a specific way.

send-on-behalf works:

In Outlook365 go to File>Account Settings>Account Settings>select your email address>change>more settings>tab advanced> add the mailbox with the send-on-behalf permission

send-on-behalf does not work:

In Outlook365 go to File>Info>Add Account>follow the wizard

Is it not possible to send-on-behalf in the second situation?

We've chozen for the second option because we've a lot of shared mailboxes, if you add them to your profile a seperate ost file is created instead it is added to your own ost file which could cause performance issues on growth.

Regards Remco

5 Replies

@ChristianBergstrom

Thnx for your reply. I've tested the automapping, which works, however automapping is adding the shared mailbox to your own profile (pst) instead of creating a seperat pst file.

best response confirmed by Remco_Tiel (Copper Contributor)
Solution

In the second scenario, Outlook is effectively using Send As permissions, so just add those and be done with it :) If you insist on using Send on behalf of, you need to make sure to always select the "send using" dropdown, as detailed in the article linked above.

@Vasil Michev 

thnx for the your answer. it is what it is so I'm done with it ;) and will only use send-as.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Remco_Tiel (Copper Contributor)
Solution

In the second scenario, Outlook is effectively using Send As permissions, so just add those and be done with it :) If you insist on using Send on behalf of, you need to make sure to always select the "send using" dropdown, as detailed in the article linked above.

View solution in original post