SOLVED

Send As for Shared Mailbox in Office 365

Copper Contributor

Good Afternoon, 

We are in the process of migrating our user base to Office365, so right now we are in a hybrid mode. 

I have a user, her mailbox is still on-prem.  OnPrem we have Exchange 2016.   She was recently given Full Access and Send As permissions to a shared mailbox that was migrated to Exchange Online.  

Now she is unable to send from that mailbox,  or forward from that mailbox to hers.  We have seen this recently where the shared mailbox is on-prem and user mailbox migrated and we would run 

Add-ADPermission -Identity EXO1 -User ONPREM1 -AccessRights ExtendedRight -ExtendedRights "Send As" from On-Prem Exchange Powershell and then run:

Add-RecipientPermission -Identity ILiketoSmile -Trustee smileyg@chop.edu -AccessRights SendAs in Exchange Online PS. 

We have tried to have her go to on-prem webmail, login with shared mailbox credentials, click the redirect link and still did not work.  Had her login to a VDI with that account, still would not open. I believe we are going to migrate her account, but even at that, we are looking at 3-5 day turnaround time.   

Was wondering if anyone might know of a workaround we can put into place.  or a script that we can try to run to keep her in business while we do the migration. 

Thank You

Brian Dougherty
3 Replies
best response confirmed by BrianDoc770 (Copper Contributor)

@ChristianBergstrom - Good Morning

Thank you for article link.  Spoke to my lead and we are just going to migrate her to Office365

Hi!

I do have the same problem but my shared mailbox is On-Premise and my own mailbox is in Exchange Online.

I have configured a full hybrid configuration and free/busy is working. Also migration to and from is working fine.

How can I make "Send As" able? (Full access is working)

On-Premise:
Sharemailbox

ExO:
User

User needs send as permission in de sharemailbox.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by BrianDoc770 (Copper Contributor)