SOLVED

Script to give permissions to shared mailbox fails.

Copper Contributor
I want to use the below link to set permissions for shared mailbox.
https://github.com/michevnew/PowerShell/blob/master/Remove_Folder_Permissions_recursive_BULK.ps1
However I am getting error “no matching security principals found”

My colleague can run this. I am new and have limited permission. Please suggest the permission that I need for running this script.
3 Replies
best response confirmed by EXCH_Enthusiast (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Said error is thrown when the script cannot match the value(s) you provide for the -User parameter against the known security principals in your tenant. For that, it uses the Get-SecurityPrincipal cmdlet, which by default is only available to those assigned the "Role Management" role. Ask your admin to assign you said role, or update the script to use the Get-Recipient cmdlet instead.
Amazing Vasil
Again I have got issues in running the script. Recently the Exchange Online management module was upgraded to 2.0.6. I believe Basic Auth also has been being disabled for most of the system so is mine, These are the only two changes done and i get the below error while running the script.

No active Exchange Remote Powershell session detected, please connect first.
I look forward for your help again
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by EXCH_Enthusiast (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Said error is thrown when the script cannot match the value(s) you provide for the -User parameter against the known security principals in your tenant. For that, it uses the Get-SecurityPrincipal cmdlet, which by default is only available to those assigned the "Role Management" role. Ask your admin to assign you said role, or update the script to use the Get-Recipient cmdlet instead.

View solution in original post