SOLVED

Resource Mailbox Usage Reporting

Gold Contributor

Is there a way to report on usage of a resource mailbox?  For example, we have a room and want to know how often it's scheduled for how many people, etc.

8 Replies
best response confirmed by Tony Derricott (Gold Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Tony Derricott,

Have a look at this script. I think it will give you what you need.

Regards,

Nuno

@Nuno Mota 

I'm getting all the way to the point where I get the following error:

Unable to query Graph API: 'The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.'

Have tried with my own Global Admin and with admin@tenant.onmicrosoft.com.

You don't need any special account in Office 365/Azure in order to run the script (actually, just run it with your normal/local account!). What you need to do is go to the Azure management portal (portal.azure.com), then go to "App registrations", and click on "New registration". From there, give it a name, create a secret, and in "API permissions" give it the permissions I mention in the script for "Microsoft Graph".

Then, you use the details from the app registration to update the $ClientID, $ClientSecret, and $TenantID properties in the script. This is what the script uses to authenticate against Graph API and retrieve all the information from meeting rooms.

Hey Tony or Nuno,

I am looking to get some resource mailbox usage stats, but the link in this thread to the script doesnt lead anywhere.

Do you have a copy of a working script i can use please?

TIA
Hi Rakesh,

Please have a look at this: https://github.com/NunoFilipeMota/PublicScripts

Regards,
Nuno
Amazing Nuno - thanks so much, will give it a blast
This was very helpful in us determining which rooms to setup next with Teams Rooms!
Hi Nuno, I have been able to run the script using the -all switch but found it is only getting information of about 65 meeting rooms and we have about 120, is there something I can do to fix this issue?
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Tony Derricott (Gold Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Tony Derricott,

Have a look at this script. I think it will give you what you need.

Regards,

Nuno

View solution in original post