Remove Exchange 2013 from domain

Copper Contributor

Hi Everyone,

I trying remove the old exchange server 2013 from specific domain, but when i ran the setup:uninstall i saw errors releated database, like "This mailbox database contains one or more mailboxes, mailbox plans, archive mailboxes, public folder mailboxes or arbitration mailboxes" After that, i move all mailbox (Archive, Arbitration, Discovery, etc) to new server. So, i try using remove-mailboxdatase command i saw this error:

LeonardoMS_0-1622302435306.png

And try get, some informations about this database with command get-mailboxdatabase 1GB a saw the same error.

But when i try get informations about mailbox inside this database, works fine. (in this case it won't showing anything because i already moved all mailbox to new exchage server)  

LeonardoMS_1-1622302659633.png

I need remove the old server from domain, my concern it's about delete something important to exchange server. Any suggestions?

2 Replies
Hi Dude,

I found some users mailbox disconnected from Database. for resolve i connect all mailbox again, migrate and purge history from the old database. After that was possible uninstall exchange.

The issue was that mailbox dont showing up when i try with get-mailbox -database. That mailbox showing just when i use command get-mailboxstatistcs.

Thanks for help