Remove-Calendarevents

Deleted
Not applicable

@Vasil Michev and @Tony Redmond

Does it need permission on Termed employees calendar? i am Global Admin and when i run this command with preview it does not preview any results

Remove-CalendarEvents -Identity james.bond@domain.com -CancelOrganizedMeetings -QueryStartDate 11-7-2016 -QueryWindowInDays 120 -PreviewOnly -Verbose

8 Replies

Define terminated? The mailbox should still exist. Also, there was some issue with the Preview functionality, not sure whether it has been fixed. @Julia Foran should be able to confirm :)

In order to send the cancellations, the mailbox must be able to send mail. So if the mailbox has been permanently deleted, then it would not be able to send the cancellations.

The recommendation is to insert this cmdlet into any scripts you run before permanently deleting mailboxes or disabling mailflow.

That was fast, thank Julia. What about that issue with the Preview functionality, I know few of the MVPs reported it. Is it supposed to be working now?

Yes, it was fixed. I tested a few weeks ago, and I was able to see Preview results. But recently someone said they could not, but I'm waiting to hear if they just were using the wrong syntax. If anybody else I having issues with Preview, I would love to know about it so we can investigate.

@Julia Foran and @Vasil Michev the preview still does not work.

Termed mailbox is in cloud-only state and very well receive emails. 

The command works fine without preview.But we also need to preview the meeting events before whacking it off.

Got it -- we'll investigate what's happening. Another person reported same issue this week.
Hi everybody,

We think we know what the issue is, and we're investigating a fix.

The issue is if the cmdlet is proxied across servers, we're losing some of the extra information. (I had only tested as an admin running cmdlet against my own mailbox and so wasn't seeing the repro.)

I'll update again when we have more news, but just reminder we're about to go on Thanksgiving holiday so it might be a bit longer. Thanks for your patience :-).

Hi everybody, we have fixed the issue and it's rolling out now. You can test again after the holiday vacations when the build should be deployed to almost all servers. (cannot guarantee though :-))