SOLVED

Remove-CalendarEvents for Exchange 2016

Copper Contributor
Has anyone heard if the new Remove-CalendarEvents PS command will ever be back ported to Exchange 2016. I believe it only works with 2019 on-prem and O365 if I'm not mistaken. Sure would be nice to cancel meetings through PS. Thanks, Doug
5 Replies

Tagging @Julia Foran so you can get info directly from the source. But pretty sure the answer is NO.

best response confirmed by doogie412 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Vasil Michev @doogie412 

No, we do not plan to release that cmdlet on older Exchange servers -- it's only available in Exchange 2019 and Office 365.

(btw - gig 'em! I'm also a Texan :-))

@Julia Foran @Vasil Michev 

How does it work when you have an Exchange Hybrid? 
Scenario:

User where you want to remove the calendarevents from is in ExO, but roommailboxes are still on-premises? 

Any difference with Hybrid Exchange 2016 vs Hybrid Exchange 2019?

I suppose the functionality in the back-end is in fact sending cancellation emails, so a hybrid scenario should just work?

A nice to have would be if you could customize the cancellation email so people are also informed why the meeting is cancelled.

Kind regards

Steven Provo

@Steven Provo 

The cmdlet can only be run against Exchange 2019 or Office 365 mailboxes that are still mail-enabled/active. When the cmdlet is run, the mailbox will send out cancellation messages to all attendees & rooms invited to the meeting. So rooms in Exchange 2016 would receive the message and have their calendar cleared.

Hi, Steven

If users have a hybrid environment with exchange 2016. you can run the cmdlet by connecting to excahnge online via powershell. It will work just fine: Connect-ExchangeOnline

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by doogie412 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Vasil Michev @doogie412 

No, we do not plan to release that cmdlet on older Exchange servers -- it's only available in Exchange 2019 and Office 365.

(btw - gig 'em! I'm also a Texan :-))

View solution in original post