Recovery of a MailBox on Office 365

Copper Contributor

Hello All,

I have a challenge, a user was migrated from AWS to O365, and recently she complained she couldn't find her migrated emails, I checked her outlook, and I can't see her .pst file, tried recovery tools, and had no joy, so want to know how I recover her emails from the exchange end.

Thanks for your anticipated response

4 Replies
can you check the migration status of this job ?
if so can you see it has been executed successfully ?
check to which exact smtp address this was moved to and does this match with this user ?
I did that, she also confirmed that her emails were intact, according to her, the issue started when her office was upgraded from 2016 to O365. so tried to recover the outlook data file but was unsuccessful.

this was done by exporting & importing a pst file then i assume ? if the mails were present at some point the mailbox size should be visible in exchange online. check the size and report back with details also run get-mailboxfolderstatistics -identity "user"

exactly, where am stuck is she said she had her mails before the office upgrade, but the mailbox size has not changed, for the command, unfortunately I don't have a subscription to run the command, just using office 365. current mailbox size is 652MB