Option to merge contents of online archive when disabling it

Copper Contributor

Has anyone suggested this yet?  How about an option that is made available when disabling the Online Archive for a mailbox that will merge/restore the contents of the archive mailbox back into the main mailbox as it's disabled.  There used to be a fairly clean, if not scary way of doing this with a new-mailboxrestorerequest after you disable the archive, but it doesn't work anymore (requires source mailbox to be disconnected, but they don't fully disconnect anymore presumably to make re-connecting archives simpler) and PSTs need to get involved.  Would be nice if it could just be a one-click option in the GUI.

2 Replies
It has been suggested alright, but like many other user-favorite features it will likely take the Exchange folks 10 years to implement it :) Your best option currently is to use an EWS-based script such as the one here: https://github.com/David-Barrett-MS/PowerShell-EWS-Scripts/blob/master/Legacy/Merge-MailboxFolder.ps...

@Vasil Michev Thanks for the link.  I had seen this option crop up while googling around, but I'll give it a closer look.  I appreciate the response!!!