Odd Time issue

Copper Contributor

So we have an premises exchange server 2019 all up to date (minus Jan23 SU)

we a have a few users who's mailbox is showing the wrong time in the inbox(image1).

this happens to every message that comes in

if you open the message in the web or on the phone it shows the wrong time(image3)

if you open the message in outlook(image2) it shows the right time

now for other users its fine

I looked at the message details in outlook, the exchange message tracking logs and those show the correct times as well. So I am a little stumped as to what the issue is, as it seems when its received into the users mailbox that is when the time get set on the message incorrectly somehow

2 Replies

Pretty sure it's correct in the properties of the mail item; each client calculates the 'local' time based on several characteristics of OS (Outlook, mobile) and mailbox setting (OWA), which may be confusing if they are not aligned, have the same DST configuration (when DST is in effect), etc. Maybe this helps.

All do have the same DST configuration and time zones. But it seems to be fixed now as it seems to have corrected itself while I was troubleshooting it.

I wish I could say what fixed it but there seemed to be 2 things that happened.
1 - for 1 user that I was using as test for troubleshooting it seems there where some items in the inbox that caused all the mail to show the same date and time on all mails
2 - had done a couple of reboots of the exchange server as part of the troubleshooting