Need assistance changing a user email address from ALL CAPS to lowercase.

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I have recently been put in charge of my company's new online Office365 environment.  One of my first tasks was to fix a users email address capitalization.  For some reason when their user profile was  originally created it was made "ALLCAPS@company.com".  I want to make his email address "lowercase@company.com" to match the case of all other company emails.

I was able to utilize the "Set-User" PowerShell command with the "-name" parameter to edit most of the user's mailbox information so that it is lowercase.  This command did fix things like the alias and other areas where it had ALLCAPS.  It did not, however change the "User ID" as shown below in the Exchange Online admin GUI.  This user still shows as ALL CAPS in our global address book and other  areas of Outlook365.  User ID is greyed out here so I assume there is another PowerShell command that I must use to edit this to be lowercase?

Let me know if there is any other info you need from me to help resolve this.  Thanks!

Ken

Screenshot 2021-06-16 100313.jpg

2 Replies
That's the UPN value, you can update it from the M365 Admin center or via PowerShell:

Set-MsolUserPrincipalName -UserPrincipalName user@domain.com -NewUserPrincipalName new@domain.com
Hi @HunterK,

Can you let me know what is the PowerShell command that you used?

"I was able to utilize the "Set-User" PowerShell command with the "-name" parameter to edit most of the user's mailbox information so that it is lowercase. This command did fix things like the alias and other areas where it had ALLCAPS."