SOLVED

name could not be matched to a name in the address list

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I am trying do add a new user mailbox to the exchange server 2010 from the outlook client autodiscovery.

It gives me the follow error message: name could not be matched to a name in the address list

1. I created the user account on the AD

2. Went do EMC and created the mailbox for the user.

3. I logged to a computer with the user credentials.

4. Try to open the mailbox with the microsoft outlook  autodiscovery is when give message error described

25 Replies
Hi Benjamin,

You could test using http://aka.ms/rca and the mailbox open in OWA?

Hi Nuno,

Does not open as well in OWA

Nuno,

I  tried again in OWA and I was able to access.

Hi Benjamin, glad to hear that is now working, maybe some time to Exchange create the mailbox. Is advised that you upgrade your Exchange to a newer version.

Hi Nuno,

Normally I have the error message when try to access with microsoft outlook.

In OWA is fine. The problem is with the outlook

Hi Benjamin, you need to give some time the Exchange populate the GAL you can see if you have any errors using the autodiscover test using http://aka.ms/rca

Hi Nuno.

The user account was created days ago. The exchange should populate the GAL by now.

The autodiscovery test failed.

Hi Nuno,

I just found out that the user doesn´t appear  on the list of the exchange mailboxes anymore.

Something strange is happening. I  created the user mailbox days ago and was there.

I was able to log in OWA just once today and it is gone.

Hi Benjamin,

Something is wrong you have to see the logs in Exchange to see what's happening.

Hi Nuno,

I found this error on the logs related to the user.

My Exchange is in Portuguese language.

Nome do registo:MSExchange Management
Origem: MSExchange CmdletLogs
Data: 13/08/2018 12:03:00
ID do evento: 6
Categoria de Tarefa:Geral
Nível: Erro
Palavras-chave:Clássico
Utilizador: N/D
Computador: XCHSRV001.unicargas.pvt
Descrição:
Cmdlet falhou. Cmdlet Enable-Mailbox, parâmetros {Identity=unicargas.pvt/Luanda/GABINETE TI/Users/unicargas teste, Alias=unicargas.teste}.
Evento Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="MSExchange CmdletLogs" />
<EventID Qualifiers="49152">6</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>1</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-08-13T11:03:00.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>8343</EventRecordID>
<Channel>MSExchange Management</Channel>
<Computer>XCHSRV001.unicargas.pvt</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>Enable-Mailbox</Data>
<Data>{Identity=unicargas.pvt/Luanda/GABINETE TI/Users/unicargas teste, Alias=unicargas.teste}</Data>
<Data>unicargas.pvt/Users/ITunicargas</Data>
<Data>S-1-5-21-2449074339-501102274-2379967712-500</Data>
<Data>S-1-5-21-2449074339-501102274-2379967712-500</Data>
<Data>ServerRemoteHost-EMC</Data>
<Data>8976</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>6</Data>
<Data>00:00:00.0937464</Data>
<Data>Exibir Floresta Inteira: 'True', Controlador de Domínio de Configuração: 'SRV-DC-UNICARGAS.unicargas.pvt', Catálogo Global Preferencial: 'SRV-DC-UNICARGAS.unicargas.pvt', Controladores de Domínio Preferenciais: '{ SRV-DC-UNICARGAS.unicargas.pvt }'</Data>
<Data>Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.ManagementObjectNotFoundException: Não foi possível executar a operação porque não foi possível encontrar o objeto 'unicargas.pvt/Luanda/GABINETE TI/Users/unicargas teste' em 'SRV-DC-UNICARGAS.unicargas.pvt'.
em Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.DataAccessTask`1.GetDataObject[TObject](IIdentityParameter id, IConfigDataProvider session, ObjectId rootID, OptionalIdentityData optionalData, Nullable`1 notFoundError, Nullable`1 multipleFoundError, ExchangeErrorCategory errorCategory)
em Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.RecipientTaskHelper.ResolveDataObject[TDataObject](IConfigDataProvider dataSession, IConfigDataProvider globalCatalogSession, ADServerSettings serverSettings, IIdentityParameter identity, ObjectId rootId, OptionalIdentityData optionalData, String domainController, CategorizedGetDataObjectDelegate getDataObjectHandler, TaskVerboseLoggingDelegate logHandler, ErrorLoggerDelegate errorHandler)
em Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.RecipientObjectActionTask`2.ResolveDataObject()
em Microsoft.Exchange.Management.RecipientTasks.EnableRecipientObjectTask`2.ResolveDataObject()
em Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.ObjectActionTask`2.PrepareDataObject()
em Microsoft.Exchange.Management.RecipientTasks.EnableRecipientObjectTask`2.PrepareDataObject()
em Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.SetTaskBase`1.InternalValidate()
em Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.ObjectActionTask`2.InternalValidate()
em Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.RecipientObjectActionTask`2.InternalValidate()
em Microsoft.Exchange.Management.RecipientTasks.EnableMailbox.InternalValidate()
em Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.Task.ProcessRecord()</Data>
<Data>Client</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Hi Benjamin,

I'm Portuguease, you have some problems with active directory or time out within Exchange and AD. You should see the DCDiag on DC's and see replica problems between domain controllers or other issues in active directory.

Hi Nuno,

You are portuguese great! I am from Angola.

I just have one DC. 

What kind of issues in  AD should I look for?

Hi Benjamin,

I'm from Portugal. Maybe the issue is timeout within Exchange and the DC you should install another DC and upgrade you infrastructure or you can migrate to Office 365.

Ok Nuno,

Thank you for your time.

I will see what can I do.

Ok Benjamin,

Keep posted here your best decision and resolution.

Hi Nuno,

Is me again.

check what I am getting

erro do outlook.PNG

Hi Benjamin,

Please test the autodiscover test using http://aka.ms/rca to see the results

Hi Nuno,

The test gave me a Connectivity Test Failed message.

Thanks.

Hi Nuno,

It just resolve the host name. Others test failed.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Benjamin Saiundo (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Benjamin Saiundo,

You do not have the record autodiscover created and pointed to Exchange.

You need to create that DNS record according to your scenario and point to Exchange, you can use the same ip that your are publishing your Exchange Server.

View solution in original post