Multi-Factor Authentication for the Hybrid Configuration Wizard and Remote PowerShell

Former Employee

You can now use an Administrator account that is enabled for Multi-Factor Authentication to sign in to Exchange Online PowerShell and the Office 365 Hybrid Configuration Wizard (HCW).

Many Exchange Online customers wanted the extra level of security that is offered with Multi-Factor Authentication, which allows you to force the administrator account to use Multi-Factor Authentication. However, because of a limitation in Remote PowerShell, Exchange Online administrators could not connect with a Multi-Factor enabled account. In addition, as the Office 365 Hybrid Wizard also requires Remote PowerShell connections to Exchange Online, prior to now, the account you used to run the HCW could not be enabled for Multi-Factor Authentication.

Read more on the Exchange Team Blog.

Exchange 03_14.png

2 Replies

Great News Maddie! Now Hybrid Account is more secure.

When I download the tool and run it on a brand new Windows 10 pro machine, I get the error in the image attached.

I actually get this on every machine I try it on. 

How do I over come this?

This is the error that's in the log file:

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of E:\Microsoft.Online.CSE.PSModule.Client.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Deployment and application do not have matching security zones.