I am probably doing something dumb. I want to move one mailbox from my Exchange 2016 server to my 2019 server. Same domain, just a server migration. From the EAC, I select the mailbox I want and start the batch job. A few minutes later, it notifies me it's complete. But total, synced, finalized, and failed counts are all 0.
I also tried it in Powershell: New-MoveRequest -identity 'firstname.lastname@example.org' -TargetDatabase "Mailbox Database 0541931413" -BatchName "Move myuser 2021-1101 powershell"
This also completed with no errors, but did not move anything.
The name of the 2016 database is "Mailbox Database 1681849461." The name of the 2019 database is "Mailbox Database 0541931413."
Those zeroes made me suspicious, and so I looked at the raw edb files in
C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\Mailbox\Mailbox Database 0541931413 on my 2019 server, and
C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\Mailbox\Mailbox Database 1681849461 on my 2016 server.
The 2019 one is still small, while the 2016 is around 8 GB. So the stuff isn't moving.
I checked and double-checked and checked again. I'm specifying my 2019 database for the target. Something else is going on to not allow those mailboxes to move.