Microsoft’s Cloud Email Signatures Solve a Problem for Outlook

MVP

Microsoft says that the roaming (or cloud) email signatures feature is now fully deployed. The new approach solves an Outlook problem, but it’s not a universal panacea for the management of email signatures within large organizations where you want consistency in the signatures used by everyone. You’ll need an ISV solution to get that kind of functionality.

https://office365itpros.com/2022/11/25/email-signatures-cloud/

8 Replies

It is causing issues out there already with users who access multiple mailboxes who want to use their own email signature - the signature for the mailbox is defaulting to the previous person to have used the mailbox to send out etc.

My laptop updated to it, my desktop didn't so it isn't fully deployed - both devices say that Office 365 is up to date.  Laptop signatures - I have them rolled out by Exclaimer but all became unusable, doubled up when looking at signatures on the device.  It is a bit of a mess.

@Neil Jordan Have you asked Exclaimer if they have a fix to stop their signatures being messed up? I should be surprised if they do not.

Yes I am aware of those registry changes which are meant to be temporary until Microsoft actually finish the development of this component that surely should have been in place beforehand.

It also doesn't help clients that don't use services like Exclaimer who are suddenly reporting issues they are finding with their multiple mailboxes and the options in Outlook to supposedly turn off the option, don't fix it.
Exclaimer are supposed to have the contacts with Outlook engineering to resolve issues like this. They're the only ones who can sort out their product...
You seem to miss the point that I am not just talking about users who have Exclaimer though. This is a rollout which is causing widespread issues.
Sorry. I do that sometime when I scan stuff too quickly. It's a bad habit born of too many things on the go...

If you're dealing with situations that are basic Outlook (no third-party add-ons involved), then the correct course of action is to log a call with Microsoft support. This is the only way that Outlook engineering will hear about the problem and get involved (if necessary) to get a fix.

If the client has signature add-ons installed, then the first port of call is to contact the add-on vendor.
"log a call with Microsoft support".
Impossible!
I struggle with this "sucknature", too. Not finished, not working at all! Not at least basically a technology, where I could say "ok, microsoft, it seems as if your engineers use their brain...". If AT LEAST my own created sucknature would stay in o365 and replicate between 2 pc's, but no. Not even that is possible. And yes, the outlook setting is done on both pc's.