SOLVED

Mark mail as spam in Subject Line but STILL deliver to inbox

Iron Contributor

I have been tasked with NOT automatically sending spam messages to Junk.

Users will individually move mail to the spam folder in their outlook.

Basically, some people here want to be able to see everything in their inbox and make decisions about what to do with it. Providing the words "Possible Spam" in the subject (which I have done) is sufficient for our users at the moment.

Any thoughts?

6 Replies

You could setup a Transport Rule that changes incoming e-mail to have it bypass spam filtering.

Will using a transport rule prevent me from adding "spam" to the subject line because nothing is marked as spam anymore?

Why dont you simply change the "Spam action" under O365 admin -> Exchange -> Protection -> Spam filter -> Spam and bulk mail actions. Change it to "Prepend subject line with text" or whatever suits you. Here's a reference article: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj200684(v=exchg.150).aspx

That is what I did but the mail is still getting delivered to the spam folder.
best response confirmed by Ruben Kertesz (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@Ruben Kertesz wrote:

Will using a transport rule prevent me from adding "spam" to the subject line because nothing is marked as spam anymore?

In a Transport Rule you can not only set the SCL level but also Prepend the Subject with text of your choosing.

It seems that the users may have already identified these items as junk. So the local filter is working. They can go to their Junk configurator in OWA and remove the existing filters.

Seems a bit **bleep** to me, but that's why we call it junk.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Ruben Kertesz (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@Ruben Kertesz wrote:

In a Transport Rule you can not only set the SCL level but also Prepend the Subject with text of your choosing.

View solution in original post