Lots of mails go to Junk Folder

Copper Contributor

Hi Guys,

Since couple of weeks, several mails go to junk folder. These mails don't belong there. Even when the sender is whitelisted in Outlook Client, still to junk folder.

In Exchange (Online) we have a rule that all mails should bypass the spam filtering. Even automatic mails from Microsoft itself, are delivered into junk (like access request to Sharepoint or reports from Azure).

Why does this happen and how can I resolve this? Its getting a pain, and I don't want to disable the Spam Filtering for the organization.

Thanks for the help!

2 Replies

Hello@JorritK,

Is there any external filtering service, who is marking the messages as Junk. If that is the case, any changes we do here will not make any difference. So first you need to find out if there is 3rd party emails filtering service which is marking these emails as junk.

Additionally, 

1. Try to add the domain in white list under the Exchange Admin Center > Protection > Spam Filter. 

2. If messages from the specific IP's is going the junk, allow the IP from Exchange Admin Center > Protection  > Connection Filtering. You can find out the IP's from the messages trace or analyse the message headers. 

Thanks!

@JorritK 

You can try the below methods in your Microsoft Exchange Online to avoid emails being marked as junk.

* Disable the junk filter in Outlook

* Disable the junk filter in OWA

* Disable the junk filter in EAC > Protection.

I hope this helps !