SOLVED

Is there any way to override Clutter for specific emails using Office 365 Admin

Copper Contributor

Our HR Department sends emails periodically with essential information that all employees need to read.  Is there a way to override Clutter settings to make sure an email gets to the primary Inbox of all users, without turning off Clutter across the organization? 

8 Replies

Thank you Brad.  So when using the Shell to create Transport Rules, it appears header name of X-MS-Exchange-Organization-BypassClutter causes the rule to apply to the whole organization.

You need to apply sending criteria too.

From the Mail Flow Rules in the Exchange Admin Center, (not the shell), you could do something like:

Apply this rule if:

The sender...

is a member of this group (then create a group for HR members)

or something like:

Apply this rule if:

The sender...

address includes any of these words (and add hr@company.com or whatever the sending address is)

You can do the same from the shell.

Thanks for the feedback.  It looks like we are going to apply the organization-level transport rules to override Clutter for any emails "From" email addresses in our internal domains. The main benefit of of the Clutter feature for us has been to limit external solicitations in the primary Inbox. We have had a number of managers complaining that their staff are not seeing their emails because they went to Clutter for some reason.  Personally Clutter has been working great for me.  Will look for how Focus/Other works when it takes over.

We did this as well.

I have 1 transport rule that prevents any email from internal from being either spam or clutter

A second transport rule that prevents particular domains from being either spam or clutter

A third preventing particular email addresses from being either spam or clutter

A fouth preventing particular IP ranges from being either spam or clutter

Then, based on the need to whitelist, i just add the email/domain/ip to the appropriate rule

Remember, Clutter is going way in the next fews weeks/months in favor of Focus so consider the time spent trying to fix something about to be retired.

@David Margossian wrote:
Remember, Clutter is going way in the next fews weeks/months in favor of Focus so consider the time spent trying to fix something about to be retired.

Then the question is, how do we get e-mail around Focus? Does anyone have a solution for that yet?

We had to do this also.  Actually made some people upset becuase they didn't want to see the e-mails either way but it does work.  I do agree how do we get this around the focused inbox when that releases?

1 best response