Home

installing Exchange Step 6 of 13: Mailbox role: Transport Service - Object(EXCH) couldn't be found

Bas Wijdenes
Contributor

Hi All,

This might be a long shot.

I'm trying to install exchange 2016 in a test environment.

I have already encountered many error messages and I have succeeded in solving these. It only seems that I do not get this solved.

I get the following error message:

Error:

The following error was generated when "$error.Clear();

set-ExchangeServerRole -Identity $RoleFqdnOrName -IsHubTransportServer:$true -DomainController $RoleDomainController

" was run: "Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.ManagementObjectNotFoundException: The operation couldn't be performed because object 'LCL-TST-EXCH-01.BASWLOCAL.local' couldn't be found on 'LCL-TST-SBS-01.BASWLOCAL.local'.

at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.DataAccessTask`1.GetDataObject[TObject](IIdentityParameter id, IConfigDataProvider session, ObjectId rootID, OptionalIdentityData optionalData, Func`2 notFoundError, Func`2 multipleFoundError, ExchangeErrorCategory errorCategory)

at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.SetObjectWithIdentityTaskBase`3.ResolveDataObject()

at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.SetSystemConfigurationObjectTask`3.ResolveDataObject()

at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.SetObjectTaskBase`2.PrepareDataObject()

at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.SetTaskBase`1.InternalValidate()

at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.SetSystemConfigurationObjectTask`3.InternalValidate()

at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.Task.<ProcessRecord>b__91_1()

at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.Task.InvokeRetryableFunc(String funcName, Action func, Boolean terminatePipelineIfFailed)".

The infrastructure is

1 DC: LCL-TST-SBS-01.BASWLOCAL.local

1 Exchange Server: LCL-TST-EXCH-01.BASWLOCAL.local.

The underlying story is that I have installed a SBS server in Hyper-v on my windows 10 device and made a clone of it, and thus transformed it into the Exchange server. So the Exchange server was first a DC with exactly the same domain etc... I then demote it and joined the domain of DC 1.

I think the problem has to do with demoting it as a DC with the exact same domain.. hence the 'long shot'.

Perhaps there is someone here who has run into this too?

Related Conversations
How to export Office 365 mailbox to PST?
alainajodi in Office 365 on
8 Replies
Outlook (365) Need Password - Issue
Muhammad Ali Khan in Office 365 on
21 Replies
AD User Migration Exchange Mailbox last
Hermulus in Exchange on
0 Replies
Accessing a shared mailbox from a mobile device
Hexsysadmins in Office 365 on
14 Replies