installing Exchange Step 6 of 13: Mailbox role: Transport Service - Object(EXCH) couldn't be found

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

This might be a long shot.

I'm trying to install exchange 2016 in a test environment.

I have already encountered many error messages and I have succeeded in solving these. It only seems that I do not get this solved.

I get the following error message:

Error:

The following error was generated when "$error.Clear();

set-ExchangeServerRole -Identity $RoleFqdnOrName -IsHubTransportServer:$true -DomainController $RoleDomainController

" was run: "Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.ManagementObjectNotFoundException: The operation couldn't be performed because object 'LCL-TST-EXCH-01.BASWLOCAL.local' couldn't be found on 'LCL-TST-SBS-01.BASWLOCAL.local'.

at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.DataAccessTask`1.GetDataObject[TObject](IIdentityParameter id, IConfigDataProvider session, ObjectId rootID, OptionalIdentityData optionalData, Func`2 notFoundError, Func`2 multipleFoundError, ExchangeErrorCategory errorCategory)

at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.SetObjectWithIdentityTaskBase`3.ResolveDataObject()

at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.SetSystemConfigurationObjectTask`3.ResolveDataObject()

at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.SetObjectTaskBase`2.PrepareDataObject()

at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.SetTaskBase`1.InternalValidate()

at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.SetSystemConfigurationObjectTask`3.InternalValidate()

at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.Task.<ProcessRecord>b__91_1()

at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.Task.InvokeRetryableFunc(String funcName, Action func, Boolean terminatePipelineIfFailed)".

The infrastructure is

1 DC: LCL-TST-SBS-01.BASWLOCAL.local

1 Exchange Server: LCL-TST-EXCH-01.BASWLOCAL.local.

The underlying story is that I have installed a SBS server in Hyper-v on my windows 10 device and made a clone of it, and thus transformed it into the Exchange server. So the Exchange server was first a DC with exactly the same domain etc... I then demote it and joined the domain of DC 1.

I think the problem has to do with demoting it as a DC with the exact same domain.. hence the 'long shot'.

Perhaps there is someone here who has run into this too?

0 Replies