Installing Exchange Server 2016 Issue

Copper Contributor

Hello all,

We have 6 exchange servers 2016 CU11 deployed on 2 sites, I need to install 2 new exchange servers in DR site, but I'm getting the following error during the installation:

Error:

The following error was generated when "$error.Clear();

Install-ExchangeCertificate -services IIS -DomainController $RoleDomainController

if ($RoleIsDatacenter -ne $true -And $RoleIsPartnerHosted -ne $true)

{

Install-AuthCertificate -DomainController $RoleDomainController

}

" was run: "Microsoft.Exchange.Management.Metabase.IISNotInstalledException: An error occurred while trying to access the IIS metabase. Make sure that the IIS Manager is installed and configured correctly. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Unknown error (0x80005000)

at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind(Boolean throwIfFail)

at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Exists(String path)

at Microsoft.Exchange.Management.Metabase.IisUtility.CreateIISDirectoryEntry(String iisDirectoryEntryPath, TaskErrorLoggingReThrowDelegate writeError, Object identity, Boolean reThrow)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Microsoft.Exchange.Management.Metabase.IisUtility.CreateIISDirectoryEntry(String iisDirectoryEntryPath, TaskErrorLoggingReThrowDelegate writeError, Object identity, Boolean reThrow)

at Microsoft.Exchange.Management.Metabase.IisUtility.GetWebSiteSslCertificate(String webObjectPath)

at Microsoft.Exchange.Management.SystemConfigurationTasks.InstallExchangeCertificate.FindIisCertificate()

at Microsoft.Exchange.Management.SystemConfigurationTasks.InstallExchangeCertificate.InternalProcessRecord()

at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.Task.<ProcessRecord>b__91_1()

at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.Task.InvokeRetryableFunc(String funcName, Action func, Boolean terminatePipelineIfFailed)".

There is an event id 1002 in event viewer (MSExchangeSetup). I uninstalled IIS then reinstall it but no luck. I checked ADSI for any legacy exchange server, but there is no legacy record(s).

What else can I check to solve this issue.

Thank You

2 Replies
Would you please tell us which iis rule u install
Also i can see in the error
Install-AuthCertificate - DomainController $RoleDomainController

Are u sure that the letancy and the reachability between exchange and DC is ok
And last thing, are all DCs replicated

@marco80760 wrote:

" was run: "Microsoft.Exchange.Management.Metabase.IISNotInstalledException: An error occurred while trying to access the IIS metabase. Make sure that the IIS Manager is installed and configured correctly. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Unknown error (0x80005000)

Your current setup (2016 CU11) is almost two years old. I suggest you update.
Have you followed all the pre-requisites and installed all the required software?
It looks like you missing IIS or it's not functioning.