Import of contacts

Copper Contributor

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this.

We got a spreadsheet of contacts from a third party company of all their current employees, which we have imported into our Exchange.

6 months later we received another spreadsheet from them with their current employees. I could just import this again and any contacts that aren't duplicates will get created. But what about people who have left the third-party company?

If I just import the new spreadsheet they won't get removed. Should I delete all the contacts first and then import the new spreadsheet? I'm just trying to work out the best way forward if anyone knows.

1 Reply
That's really up to you. If you have an easy way to filter out just contacts associated with said company, for example based on the "company" attribute or any custom attribute, you can remove them all, then import from the new spreadsheet.
Alternatively, you can perform a check for each entry within the spreadsheet and remove the ones that do not exist, but that approach assumes that the location you're importing into does not contain any other contacts (associated with a different company).