I can't Approve some Mobile Devices currently in Quarantine.

Steel Contributor

Howdy,

We were originally using the MDM that's built into O365 and have some users setup on it.  We decided to just use the policies built into Exchange instead since they can do pretty much the exact same things.  We changed the default setting to Quarantine so we have to go approve devices as they come in.

However, I'm now having a problem with the devices that were already in the MDM system as they are now quarantined and won't let me approve them from within the EAC.  I removed all the users from the Group that the MDM policy was pointing at and also changed the policy to Not be deployed.  When I go to the Quarantine section within the EAC, I don't see the devices that really are quarantined.  However, if I view the devices for a specific user by clicking View Details, then I see a device that says it's Quarantined.  If I click the Allow button and then save it appears that it's saving fine but the device still shows up as being in quarantine if I refresh the page.

Anyone know how I can get these devices approved since they seem to be stuck in between systems somehow?

Thanks!

1 Reply

Did you try doing it via PowerShell? If the MDM policy has been removed, I see no reason why Exchange shouldn't be able to manage those, apart from some sync issues.