I am not able to see shared folder

Copper Contributor

User1 is sharing a folder to User2 with owner permissions. But User2 didn't received any mail related to that. On adding the username of User1 there is the msg that User2 does not have access permissions.

I am using the steps given in this article.

https://finance.uw.edu/recmgt/resources/sharing-outlook-folders

3 Replies
Generating a mail is optional, depending on the method used you might not receive one. The important part is the permissions, so double-check on those (you can also verify via PowerShell and the Get-MailboxFolderPermission cmdlet). Also, don't forget to add at least FolderVisible permissions on any folder in the path, including the Root one/Top of information store.

I have tried everything. Even given owner permission to User2. Also the folder is a root folder. But not able to see the folder in User2 mailbox. Is it controlled by administrator of the organization? I tried it with client's outlook and also with my company's outlook. But both of them are not working. I am getting this error

yname2480_0-1674542203297.png

Hi, @yname2480! I understand that you need the user2 be able to see the folder of user1.

You need to grant user2 with the folder visible permission on the root folder. If it's already the root folder (not a subfolder of the default folders such as inbox), you need to grant the folder visible permission on the Top of Information Store or on the account. Please see screenshot:

RecepGencaslan_0-1675025079593.png

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved

If you like my response, please give it a Like :smile:

Appreciate your Kudos! Proud to contribute! :smile: