Hybrid Exchange Archive Mailbox Status

Copper Contributor

Good afternoon,

I want to ask if there are someone experienced this behavior or not.

I perform Hybrid Exchange 2013 and Exchange Online and migrate several user mailbox and archive.

After the user migrated to Exchange Online, but the archive status is give customer confusion. Here is the status:

- Status in Office 365: Local archive created

InkedWhatsApp Image 2021-01-25 at 8.26.47 AM_LI.jpg

- Status in Exchange Local: Cloud-based archive pending

InkedWhatsApp Image 2021-01-25 at 8.26.47 AM (1)_LI.jpg

The status it seems like the archive mailbox still on-premise and not move to cloud.

Or the status is normal as expected after migrate user to Exchange Online?

Kindly help for the advice.

Thank you.

2 Replies
Is your DirSync running properly? When enabling an archive mailbox, the remote mailbox user object in on-premises Exchange is set to provision a cloud archive mailbox. Once DirSync runs, the Exchange in the cloud is supposed to provision the archive mailbox.

The issue is likely due to you need to run the directory sync tool configuration wizard to enable the Exchange hybrid option.
If you are running classic DirSync, this would be a good time to move to Azure AD Connect.

Also run below commands and collect information.
1. Run Get-MailUser -identity user | fl *archive* via Exchange Online PowerShell.
2. Run get-mailbox -Identity user | Format-List *Archive* via local EMS.
3. Check if the attribute msExchArchiveStatus in ADSIedit is set to 1.

Dear @saifs1980 ,

Thank you very much for reply to my query.

I already using Azure AD Connect for the synchronization and enable Exchange Hybrid options:

lugina_0-1611718013922.png

And for the comparison, here is the result when we check the ArchiveState from cloud and on-premise user:

(User migrated to cloud, but ArchiveState: Local) 

WhatsApp Image 2021-01-27 at 10.20.21 AM_LI.jpg

(User on-premise, ArchiveState: Local) 

WhatsApp Image 2021-01-27 at 10.20.22 AM_LI.jpg

Does the archive mailbox for onboarding user to Office 365 is also migrated and move to cloud? But the ArchiveState is shown Local.

Kindly advise.

Thank you.