SOLVED

How to make sure all email from internal to inbox ?

Iron Contributor

Hello

I has created a rule email to allow domain internal by pass spam filter , but some email form the same sender some time to inbox some time to junk , it only occur some user not all .

please help me fix it

Best Regards,

Thanks

7 Replies
Ok, go into Outlook Web Access > Cog > Go to Mail Settings > Go to Block or Allow and add the user/email address to your Safe Senders and Recipients List. That should resolve it.

Hope that answers your question

Best, Chris

sorry i am not understand it ready mark not spam why do we must add it to allow list of user  

From experience, I have seen some mail get junked even if the sender is on the whitelist at a tenant level for reasons such as the mail can contain things such as images not native to it.

Did you add the domain to the whitelist of the spam policy in the Exchange Admin Portal, or did you actually create a rule to bypass the spam filter completely? In the case of the latter, it could be junked at a mailbox level as opposed to Exchange Online Protection.

I would recommend adding them to the mailbox whitelist and see how you get on.

Best, Chris

Did you add the domain to the whitelist of the spam policy in the Exchange Admin Portal, or did you actually create a rule to bypass the spam filter completely?

-> I bypass spam by exchange rule mail .But before that i add my domain to allow list policy then seem it not go to junk (i will this later again) .if add by spam filter then some domain spoofing our domain will sure to inbox should microsoft recommend try use exchange rule from internal then bypass spam

I would add the domain to the whitelist and then add to the allow list for the user in OWA. I would personally not recommend bypassing spam filtering by a transport rule - only as a last resort.

Let me know how it goes.

Best, Chris

I would add the domain to the whitelist  ..

--> you mean is add it on allow list spam filter configure ? so then if spoofing my domain can to inbox instead of to junk ?

best response confirmed by Tien Ngo Thanh (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Hi, @Tien Ngo Thanh 

Ok, I have reviewed the notes. I am going to make a few assumptions here

1.) You have a rule stating that anyone who sends as your domain from outside the organisation is blocked

2.) You have a rule stating that anyone who sends as your domain from inside your organisation bypasses spam and should go straight to the inbox.

Number 2 is not happening with this user. It is sometimes going to spam and sometimes to junk.

I would stick to my original recommendation and add the user to the allow list on the mailbox in OWA and it should stop this from happening. It is likely the junk email settings on the mailbox

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/securitycompliance/reduce-spam-email

Best, Chris

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Tien Ngo Thanh (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Hi, @Tien Ngo Thanh 

Ok, I have reviewed the notes. I am going to make a few assumptions here

1.) You have a rule stating that anyone who sends as your domain from outside the organisation is blocked

2.) You have a rule stating that anyone who sends as your domain from inside your organisation bypasses spam and should go straight to the inbox.

Number 2 is not happening with this user. It is sometimes going to spam and sometimes to junk.

I would stick to my original recommendation and add the user to the allow list on the mailbox in OWA and it should stop this from happening. It is likely the junk email settings on the mailbox

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/securitycompliance/reduce-spam-email

Best, Chris

View solution in original post