SOLVED

How to increase storage size for Microsoft 365 group

Copper Contributor

Hello,

i would like to increase the storage size of a M365 group, the current space has been exceeded.

13 Replies

@yusufyj There's no supported way to increase the quota of a group mailbox. You must remove older email messages to free up space in the group mailbox.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/troubleshoot/groups-and-distribution-lists/o365-group-tas...

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily.

thank you, what I meant was the one drive part of it, is it possible to increase it from the default.
best response confirmed by yusufyj (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@yusufyj this One drive is based on a User IN m365 ?

yes, so the I created a Microsoft 365 group and added users to it, they have uploaded files to the OneDrive associated with the group, and it's filled up, so i want to add more storage space for them..

@yusufyj check the storage limit for your group it can be 25 TB max 

Capture.PNG

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily.

@eliekarkafy so opened it and see attached what i got

that's weird, you're signing with a global admin account to M365 admin center?

@yusufyj open the SharePoint admin center and navigate to the active sites blade. search for the site of your M365 group and click on it and check the storage limit. 

Capture.PNG

@eliekarkafy i have done it and this is what i get,

can you check the activity blade . it will show you the usage of the storage usage
i can see storage used but can't edit it.

really appreciate all the help you have been given me.
maybe you need to check who is the owner of the site and let him edit the storage limit
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by yusufyj (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@yusufyj this One drive is based on a User IN m365 ?

View solution in original post