SOLVED

How to change resource mailbox calendar settings to show organizer and subject details

Brass Contributor

We have just moved from Exchange on premise to Exchange Online. I've recreated the resource mailboxes and they are visible and work. However, by default, when any user looks at the calendar they only see "Busy" along with the timeslot details for any existing reservations.. 

I want everyone to be able to see the organizer and the subject. 

I seem to recall in our on premise we managed this by opening the resource mailbox in OWA and modifying the settings there.  I don't see any related settings when opening the new EO resource calendars in OWA.

I've looked at the Set-MailboxFolderPermission and Add-MailboxFolderPermission powershell commands as an option but not sure if that is the best way and I can't seem to get the syntax right either.

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Glenn V (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Easily done via PowerShell:

$calendars = Get-Mailbox -RecipientTypeDetails RoomMailbox | Get-MailboxFolderStatistics | ? {$_.FolderType -eq "Calendar"} | select @{n="Identity"; e={$_.Identity.Replace("\",":\")}}

$calendars | % {Set-MailboxFolderPermission -Identity $_.Identity -User Default -AccessRights LimitedDetails} 

Hi Vasil

I have tried this on 6 new room mailboxes and I also used the AddOrganizerToSubject $true, DeleteComments $false and DeleteSubject $false parameters but it's not working on any of the rooms.

Organizer is never showing, not for existing meetings and not for new ones either.

I made sure the rooms are set to AutoAccept (which seems to be a prereq for this to work).roomsettings.jpg

This is how a new meeting shows in the different calendars. Left is the organizer's calendar, the other two are 2 meeting rooms I invited to the meeting.calendar.jpg

I made the settings change yesterday so even if it's not instantly applied it should be ok by now :)

Any ideas how to troubleshoot this (other than opening support ticket with MS)?

Thanks

Kind regards

Steve 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Glenn V (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Easily done via PowerShell:

$calendars = Get-Mailbox -RecipientTypeDetails RoomMailbox | Get-MailboxFolderStatistics | ? {$_.FolderType -eq "Calendar"} | select @{n="Identity"; e={$_.Identity.Replace("\",":\")}}

$calendars | % {Set-MailboxFolderPermission -Identity $_.Identity -User Default -AccessRights LimitedDetails} 

View solution in original post