SOLVED

How to Block Outbound Email to Untrustworthy Domains or E-mail Address for specific people ?

Copper Contributor

I want some User Not All tenant within my organization Can't to send emails to domains such as gmail.com or emails Outside organization Can customizable Please advise. 

How do I need to create a Can you please show me a sample Mail Flow?

Example : i have User E-mail User1@ test . com My organization

i need Block send E-mail Domain: google.com And E-mail : techit @ TTT . com

11 Replies
best response confirmed by namlovely2011 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@namlovely2011 

Here's how to do it in Microsoft Exchange Server:

1. Open the Exchange Admin Center.
  2. Go to Mail Flow > Rules.
  3. Click the plus sign (+) and select Create a new rule.
  4. Give the rule a name.
  5. In the Apply this rule if... section, select The sender is a member of... and choose the user or group you want to block.
  6. In the Do the following... section, select Reject the message with the explanation... and enter a custom message explaining why the message was rejected.
  7. Click More options.
  8. In the Except if... section, select The recipient domain is... and enter the domain you want to block the user from sending emails to.
  9. Click Save to create the rule.

This rule will reject any outbound emails from the specified user or group to the specified domain, and provide a custom rejection message.

wow Thank you i will try Then I will tell you the results after the test is successful.
Please mark as it accepted answers for others can profit from this discussion. thanks

@eliekarkafy 

Done Am I setting it up correctly? But I'm wondering when I add E-mail address at Domain is, I can't add it because it can add only Domain. What should I do? 

namlovely2011_0-1678960897567.png

@eliekarkafy

Which option do I need to use to be able to specify an E-mail?  

namlovely2011_0-1678961425925.png

you want to block entire domain or specific for example gmail account ?
both Can do domain And specific Email Address Other Domain example User1 @ test .com ?
you can block a complete domain from this rule but you can't block a specific email address.
ok thank you Is there any way I can block specific email address?

you can test the below condition to block an address based on some words

Capture.PNG

 or you can use the Block external email addresses or domains to prevent communication with users in your organization (sending or receiving mail)

Capture.PNG

Thank you very much for your help this time. very helpful
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by namlovely2011 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@namlovely2011 

Here's how to do it in Microsoft Exchange Server:

1. Open the Exchange Admin Center.
  2. Go to Mail Flow > Rules.
  3. Click the plus sign (+) and select Create a new rule.
  4. Give the rule a name.
  5. In the Apply this rule if... section, select The sender is a member of... and choose the user or group you want to block.
  6. In the Do the following... section, select Reject the message with the explanation... and enter a custom message explaining why the message was rejected.
  7. Click More options.
  8. In the Except if... section, select The recipient domain is... and enter the domain you want to block the user from sending emails to.
  9. Click Save to create the rule.

This rule will reject any outbound emails from the specified user or group to the specified domain, and provide a custom rejection message.

View solution in original post