Help my customer - emailed thru exchange results in dat. attached blank message, etc.

Copper Contributor

Experts, please give me helpful info regarding below symptom. The customer can't ask tech support because of their company reason. (let me skip its details here)

Customer uses O365 without on-premises. Sending email to out of org mostly results in 3 patterns depends on cases -

#1. sent email missed text and winmail.dat is attached

#2. all attachements are converted to .dat

#3. only attachements are missed

Referred several KB and blog related with this symptom, but they're not clear in how to completely solve it. Using plain text format can't be a solution.

Now they're starting O365 switched from Google. This issue badly impact their business.

Appreciate any advaice from you all. Thanks & Regards.

2 Replies

They should apply the steps from scenario 2 in this article https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2487954

If they don't want to apply those changes per remote domain, they can do it for every remote domain by running:

Set-RemoteDomain -Identity Default -TNEFEnabled $false

Thanks so much Victor. I'll talk with my customer if they can work on that. Their situation is complicated as they're a global company, so I'm afraid they can't run cmd by their decision. Anyway, I'll suggest scenario #2. Will keep this topic still for a while.